FOUR STAR is the top-selling knife series of ZWILLING J.A. Henckels worldwide. Honed and hand-finished by the most skilled artisans, this celebrated collection is the model of safety, ergonomics, and comfort. Thanks to their seamless transition from bolster to handle, the knives are comfortable to use for long periods of time. The bolster provides the right balance whilst acting as a Secure finger guard. The knives are made of proprietary special formula steel that has been perfected for over 280 years. Combined with ZWILLING’s signature ice-hardening technique, these FRIODUR blades are harder, sharper, they’ll NOT STAIN or chip and they retain their sharpness longer. Precision-forged from a single piece of steel, the SIGMAFORGE knives have an exceptionally sturdy, balanced and flexible blade.
The 8-inch fine-edged blade on this knife features slightly curved surfaces on both the back and the cutting edge, terminating in a sharp point. Part of the popular Four Star series, the hand-honed blade is slim and narrow to facilitate even, precise meat cutting and flexible enough to allow thin slicing. It is made with Henckels’ Sintermetal Component Technology (SCT), which allows three different grades of steel to be combined to form a single piece, fusing together the blade, bolster, and tang. What does this mean in layman’s terms? It means a strong, high-quality knife that will last a lifetime.
Founded in 1731, the J.A. Henckels company is not only one of the vital world’s oldest cutlery manufacturers, it’s also one of the crucial well respected, creating best-selling knives guaranteed to last a lifetime. –Kim Harwell
From the Manufacturer
| First introduced in 1976, the Four Star® Series is likely one of the world’s most popular knife lines. Four Star® knives were designed and developed in close cooperation with renowned professional chefs. The result was a fully forged knife with a unique molded handle. The Four Star® line contains knives for all tasks, and includes the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, peeling, sandwich, utility, carving, chef’s, granton edge slicer, santoku, and others. Four Star® knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets.|
A Higher Standard in Knife Construction
Four Star® knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Four Star® knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving state-of-the-art retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Four Star® knives use J.A. Henckels’ Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to state-of-the-art retention.
It’s All in The Grip:
| The Four Star® series features high affect polypropylene handles that are permanently bonded to the knife blades without any gaps. These comfortable handles are break-proof, sanitary, and colorfast. In addition, the super bolster provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.|
- SIGMAFORGE 1-piece, precision forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full rat-tail tang: Provides a proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Non-staining, non-rusting.
- Hand, precision honed blade: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Bonded polypropylene handles: Comfortable molded handles and food Secure
- Dishwasher Secure: Easy care (Even supposing hand-washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands in the back of all its knives.
8-inch blade, great for carving meat
High-carbon stainless-steel blade ice-hardened for superior strength
Sturdy, black molded polypropylene handle
Secure to use in dishwasher