FOUR STAR is the top-selling knife series of ZWILLING J.A. Henckels worldwide. Honed and hand-finished by the most skilled artisans, this celebrated collection is the model of safety, ergonomics, and comfort. Thanks to their seamless transition from bolster to handle, the knives are comfortable to use for long periods of time. The bolster provides the right balance even as acting as a safe finger guard. The knives are made of proprietary special formula steel that has been perfected for over 280 years. Combined with ZWILLING’s signature ice-hardening technique, these FRIODUR blades are harder, sharper, they are going to NOT STAIN or chip and they retain their sharpness longer. Precision-forged from a single piece of steel, the SIGMAFORGE knives have an exceptionally sturdy, balanced and flexible blade.
The 10-inch specialty blade on this knife–also known as a Granton or Kullenschliff –features a “”hollow-ground”” edge specially designed for fine cutting duties. Air pockets develop in the hollows along the blade’s edge, keeping even the thinnest-sliced meats from clinging to the blade. In addition to its superb meat-slicing abilities, this specialty knife is also great for slicing layer cakes and biscuit bases. Most of the Henckels lines–including the popular Four Star series–feature blades made of Friodur, a special, ice-hardened, no-stain steel created and patented by the company in 1939. This special formula was designed for exceptional hardness and high resistance to corrosion.
Founded in 1731, the J.A. Henckels company is not only some of the world’s oldest cutlery manufacturers, it’s also one of the well respected, creating best-selling knives guaranteed to last a lifetime. –Kim Harwell
From the Manufacturer
| First introduced in 1976, the Four Star® Series is among the world’s most popular knife lines. Four Star® knives were designed and developed in close cooperation with renowned professional chefs. The result was a fully forged knife with a unique molded handle. The Four Star® line contains knives for all tasks, and includes the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, peeling, sandwich, utility, carving, chef’s, granton edge slicer, santoku, and others. Four Star® knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets.|
A Higher Standard in Knife Construction
Four Star® knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Four Star® knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving state of the art retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Four Star® knives use J.A. Henckels’ Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to state of the art retention.
It’s All in The Grip:
| The Four Star® series features high affect polypropylene handles that are permanently bonded to the knife blades without any gaps. These comfortable handles are break-proof, sanitary, and colorfast. In addition, the super bolster provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.|
- SIGMAFORGE 1-piece, precision forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full rat-tail tang: Provides a proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Non-staining, non-rusting.
- Hand, precision honed blade: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Bonded polypropylene handles: Comfortable molded handles and food safe
- Dishwasher safe: Easy care (Even if hand-washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands in the back of all its knives.
10-Inch blade with hollow-ground edge, great for cutting meats into very thin slices
High-carbon stainless-steel blade ice-hardened for superior strength
Sturdy, black molded polypropylene handle
Safe in the dishwasher for convenient cleanup
Comes with the manufacturer’s warranty