Possibly one of the vital best kept secrets in the European knife industry, the Arcos Universal series of kitchen knives is designed and built for professionals, but these knives are also ideal for home chefs who crave a tough, dependable cutting tool with years of durability. Made for everyday use, this 6-inch carving fork (160 mm) is affordable, but doesn’t sacrifice on design or construction quality.
Featuring an exclusive Arcos stainless steel formula called Nitrum, this fork is made from martensitic stainless steel with added molybdenum and vanadium for strengthening. It’s then enriched with nitrogen in Arcos’ Nitrum process and hardened for extra durability. The ergonomic, slip-resistant maintain provides a firm and comfortable grip, and it’s made of polyoxymethylene (POM) for excellent resistance to have an effect on, abrasion, and solvents. Rivets are made of a special aluminum alloy to ensure high resistance to corrosion. Dishwasher protected, though hand washing is recommended.
Arcos Nitrum Stainless Steel
Nitrum is a nitrogen-enriched, stainless steel formula that’s found exclusively in Arcos knives. With Nitrum stainless steel, your Arcos knife will possess improved hardness for a longer lasting sharpness, enhanced microstructure for higher resistance to corrosion, and exceptional edge durability for longer periods between re-sharpening. The Nitrum production process is and has no negative effect on the air, water, or soil.
How to Appropriately Sharpen Your Arcos Knife
Arcos recommends the regular use of a sharpening steel to keep the cutting edge of your knife razor sharp.
And understand that to at all times protect your fingers.
Tips For Use and Maintenance
- Wash knives immediately after use with a mild soap. Avoid prolonged contact with leftover food.
- Do not use bleach, soda or detergents containing chlorine or chlorides ions because they rust the steel and may cause it to lose its shine.
- Avoid rubbing your knives with abrasive products, hard cloths, and metallic or synthetic cleaners.
- If you use a dishwasher, place your knives in with the blades facing up and in separate containers from the rest of your cutlery to avoid scratching.
- Avoid leaving your knives submerged in water for long periods of time, especially in hard or salty water that can affect metals.
- Dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Leaving your knives to dry in the dishwasher is not recommended.
Arcos is a leading Spanish knife manufacturer and one of the vital oldest knife and cutlery manufacturers on this planet. In 1745, Don Juan de Arcos started hand-crafting the first knives and scissors marked with the Arcos brand, and many of these pieces are displayed in the National Museum of Archeology of Madrid. Gregorio Arcos Aroca turned the small hand-crafted workshop into a mass-production factory for professional knives in 1875. And a century later, Gregorio Arcos Villanueva started the international expansion of the company. Today, Arcos is still a family owned business and proud of its remarkable heritage.
To learn more about the history of Arcos, see this larger timeline image.
Affordable, professional-quality 6-inch carving fork–for use by professional or home chefs
Made in Spain by Arcos, a leading European knife manufacturer with traditions stretching back to 1745
Arcos exclusive Nitrum stainless steel formula enriched with nitrogen for added hardness and long-lasting sharpness
Ergonomic, slip-resistant POM maintain resists have an effect on, abrasion, and solvents
Dishwasher protected, hand washing recommended